The Virginia Beach Justice Initiative is always seeking volunteers with a variety of skills. Volunteers dedicate their time based on their schedules. Opportunities are available in the following areas: Victim Advocacy, Business Outreach, Tattoo Parlor Outreach, Church Mobilization, Community Action Meetings, Jail Outreach, Fundraising, Marketing, Audio/Visual, Internet Technologies, Social Media, Intercessory Prayer/Worship Leaders for Prayer Meetings, Legal Research, and more!
Becoming a Volunteer
Becoming a volunteer with our organization is easy! Here is how the process works:
- Complete Volunteer Enrollment Forms
- Determine the Level of Screening Desired & Complete Background Check - **It is important that you choose the proper level of screening prior to submitting your Background Check. If you choose the incorrect level, it may be necessary to pay for the proper level at a later time.
- Visit www.VerfiedVolunteers.com's "Start My Background Check" Page.
- Complete the fields to create an account and click "Submit".
- Click "Get Verified".
- Input the Corresponding Good Deed Code. This code will depend on your desired level of screening.
- Volunteers Working With Victims - Use Code: 91urenw
- Volunteers Not Working With Victims - Use Code: dhofni2
- Complete the Form and Submit. You will be notified once your Background Check has been approved by VBJI Staff.
- Register for Volunteer Orientation (see schedule below) - This introductory meeting will introduce you to the different outreach and volunteer opportunities available to you so you can easily integrate into our organization.
- Get Busy! - Jump in and start serving!
2018 Volunteer Orientation Schedule
All Orientation events take place at Bethel Church in Hampton, VA at 7:00 p.m. The address is 1705 Todds Lane, Hampton, VA 23666, and they are held in Room LC 104 (Life Center Building located behind the circular building).
November 12, 2018
December 10, 2018
We appreciate the passion, talent, and dedication our volunteers bring to VBJI, and we look forward to having you as part of our team!
If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Click here if you are interested in exploring an internship.