1. To God be the Glory – Ps. 115:1 “Not to us, O Lord, not to us but to your name be the glory because of your love and faithfulness.”
2. Love God - Love people – Matthew 22:37-39“Jesus replied: ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
3. We can't do this by ourselves, but God has the solution and He can work through us. - Matthew 19:26 “Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.’”
4. We are dependent upon God to lead us; therefore everything we do must begin in prayer.- 2 Chronicles 7:14 “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their sin, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”
“Therefore, I urge you, in the view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God-this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is-His good, pleasing and perfect will.
5. We will walk in integrity being careful not to puff our results and/or achievements.- Titus 2:7-8“
In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us.”
6. We will walk out a culture of honor:
a. We will honor each other
b. We will respect each other
c. We will encourage each other’s' visions and dreams
d. We will be swift to hear, slow to speak and slow to get angry – James 1:19-20
1 Corinthians 13:4-8a
“Love is patient, love is kind, It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud, It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
“The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.”
7. Jesus is concerned about the oppressed and the least of these and He wants us to be too - every individual is important to God.
Matthew 25:35-36, 40
“For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.”…”I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers (sisters, children of mine), you did for me."
8. We will seek to avoid territorialism and actively support the work of others in ending human trafficking. Mark 9:40 “For whoever is not against us is for us.”
*As revised and adopted 02/26/2018